The Further Education and Training Certificate in Information Technology: Technical Support is designed as an entry-level qualification in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology, specifically into the field of Systems Support. Learners completing this qualification will be able to understand computer industry concepts and be able to work in areas of IT with little technical complexity. Subject areas covered are hardware, software, electronics and network support on mainly (but not limited to) desktop and hand-held devices and local area networks.
Learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- End-User Support Technician
- IT Technician
- Network Technician
- Server Administrator LAN Administrator
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English language at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent.
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
1 year full-time study according to certificate requirements.
- Upon successful completion of the whole programme, i.e. competence achieved in the summative assessments, the successful completion of the WIL component, and provided the learner’s PoE is found competent, the learner will receive an NYCC Results Letter outlining the unit standards covered.
- NYCC will apply to MICT SETA on the learner’s behalf for the Further Education and Training Certificate: Technical Support Support, SAQA ID 78964, and NQF level 4 with 164 Credits Certificate to be awarded.