The Sound Technology Program is specifically designed to train students for entry level positions in the audio industry, such as commercial recording and post-production studios, as well as live sound events.
- Grade 12 or an NQF level 4 equivalent qualification
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
- Music passion and or intelligence
What is the class schedule?
Classes are scheduled 5 days per week (Full Time), and 2 days per week (Part Time), Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday.
10 hours per week of studio lab time will be spent completing hands-on projects.
In addition to the regular class schedule, seminars are scheduled . Many audio and business related topics are discussed . NYC invites industry professionals from all aspects of the music industry to participate and share their knowledge. Educational and training videos are also used.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Record a full band (any kind of music) onto a professional, industry standard, Digital Audio Workstation.
- Make basic decisions in terms of microphone choice and placement, audio editing and processing.
- Use industry standard DAW’s to perform advanced tasks such as processing and mixing audio.
- Perform basic MIDI programming demonstrating an understanding of musical arrangement.
- Work on multiple projects towards a deadline and manage their own time and resources.