SAQA UNIT STANDARD ALIGNED: 113852
- This course is based on the Unit Standard 113852 –
- People credited with this unit
standard are able to:
- Identifying hazards.
- Evaluating hazards.
- Controlling hazards.
- Explaining and using relevant legislation and regulations.
- Gathering and organising occupational health, safety and environmental information from the workplace.
- Carrying out occupational health and safety training.
- Learners acquiring this standard will be learning towards obtaining a national qualification or are working within a health and safety environment, where acquisition of competence against this standard will add value to learner`s job, or chances of finding employment.
- Each learner will receive a learner guide and workbook during the contact session that will assist them with the building of their POE (Portfolio of Evidence).
- Learner will receive full instructions from us before the course to assist with the preparation of the course. Where possible additional resources will be provided to learners who are not able to get there resources.
- Learners are required to apply skills and knowledge obtained on the course in the workplace. As learners apply these skills, they produce evidence, which needs to be compiled into a portfolio of evidence (POE).
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS TRAINING
As an employer, your health and safety obligations go just beyond putting health and safety measures on paper to help reduce injuries in the workplace.
In terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), you must give your employee practical training before he can work, use equipment and machinery and know how to use the safety equipment to protect himself from harm.
For this, you’ll need to develop a training needs analysis to make sure all the people you’re going to appoint get the training they’ll need to do their job properly.
- General Workers
- Junior Management
- Safety Officers
- Constructions Workers
- Section Managers
- Departmental Managers
- Line managers
- Supervisors; and
- Responsible persons (this is anyone management assigns responsibility for people, an activity or a work area to) should attend this training.
- Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 4 or equal to Metric Level)
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
- Access to email and where possible to the internet for research.